- In 1992, the charity idea is incepted by the initiation of Sr. Zebider Zewdie and accompanied by other fellows in response of addressing the vulnerability of women at Asko Area in Addis Ababa by then the suburb of the city. The initiatives turned in to action by providing supports for women during delivery in the private clinic of the founder simply philanthropist motivation.
- As the time goes on the demand of the community was increasing, which used to become over the capacity of an individual effort that paved the way for the establishment of Mary Joy, and its programmatic and geographic expansions.
start with a small service
• 1994 Mary Joy Ethiopia is established as non-profit, non-governmental organization
• 2010 the organization is re-registered as Mary Joy Development Association and with the new Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Charities and Societies Proclamation page # 4521 as Ethiopian resident Charity with Reg. no. 0060 under the Federal Charity and Society Agency
By this time we were a well known name within the industry. We had been prominent members of the industry for more than 16 years and worked for some of the biggest clients in the industry; we weren’t dismissed by anyone because we could not be dismissed by anyone.
• 2021 the organization is reregistered as Mary Joy Ethiopia with the new Proclamation No. 1113/2019 with the new Agency of Civil Society Organization with the same registration number