Mary Joy Ethiopia is membership organization. The general assembly is the highest governing body responsible to give directions, review and approve the organization annual performance of both finance and program, audit report, subsequent year financial and programmatic plan and endorse them every year.
The higher governing body next to the general Assembly is board. The board comprised of seven people (3 females & 4 males) represented from various sectors such as Private sectors, Civil Society Organizations, government sectors, higher academic institutions and consulting firms. The board meets every quarter, in case of needed undertakes extra ordinary meetings, responsible to review quarter reports both financial and program, oversee the organization programs and make decisions, engage in fund raising and provide directions and strategic advice for the management. Moreover, there is advisory board responsible to provide technical assistance to the board on policy and long-term strategic issues.
• Mr. Yismashewa Seyoum – MA, Marketing, Private sector, Zeki Transport Owner
• Mr. Amare Kassa – MA, Banking and Finance, Private company
• Mrs. Worknesh Daba – BA, Teaching, Executive Director of NGO
• Sr. Yemisrach Habtamu – Diploma, Private Sector Employee
• Mr. Aynalem Yigzaw – MA, Social Science, Private Consultant
• Mrs. Addis Zelekaw – MA, Public Administration and Management, Government employee
• Kassaye Lema – MA, Business Management
Members of advisory board
• Debebe Ero, PhD, Instructor Addis Ababa University (Chair Person)
• Getachew Demissie, PhD, Executive Director, Alliance for Development, NGO
The Executive team is led by Executive Director, and comprises of Program, Administration and Finance Directors, Chief of Party, Human Resources Head, M&E Unit leaders that are responsible for the management of day-to-day activities of the organization. In total, the team members have ample experiences in the program management, resource mobilization and community mobilization, program management etc. The executive team meets once in a month, and in case of needed, undertakes extra ordinary meetings. It reports to the board every quarter.